Giving tough feedback to staff
If you are struggling to tackle a difficult conversation with a member of staff, let us show you how to make this essential task both positive and productive.
Some simple facts
Workers who are ‘actively disengaged’ and would support activity detrimental to the organisation
Employees worldwide who are engaged in their work, are happy and actively contributing
Staff with the potential to become high-performing managers with the right training and support
Increase in profitability achieved by top-performing managers over their average counterparts
Increase in employee performance as a result of high-quality formal reviews
Managers who are not effective at formal reviews
What can we do for you?
The figures clearly show the significant number of employees who do not feel engaged with the organisations in which they work, and the increase in results and profits that trained and supported managers deliver.
Converse Well’s engaging, pragmatic and purposeful training programs will leave your managers feeling confident, empowered and motivated to inspire their staff and to tackle even the most difficult of feedback conversations.
- Workshop or 1-2-1 support – practical help for managers who are working with difficult staff
- Training on how to conduct formal investigations – enabling your managers to stay within the law and gain the right outcomes
- Bespoke mediation services – helping you to resolve disputes between key individuals or team in your organisation
- Staff engagement surveys – measuring how committed your staff are to your organisation and to your managers
- Bespoke management training – integrating our valuable content into a larger management development program
- Keynote speaking – insightful and entertaining presentations for conferences and development days
How to fire staff so they thank you – OUT NOW
About Converse Well
Converse Well was created by Sue Ingram in 2010 in order to train and to provide support to hard working and committed managers in holding difficult conversations with staff. Converse Well’s workshops on ‘How to Fire People and Have Them Say Thank You’ has been delivered to over a 1000 participants in both the private and public sectors and is delivered as part of Lancaster University’s International MBA program.
Latest from the blog
- Promises, promises …
There is an undeniable truth around communication: people hear what they want to hear.
Then there is the other truth about human behaviour. When undertaking a tricky conversation with a staff member, many managers are tempted to ‘soften the blow’ with something that could sound like a promise but is actually not meant as a promise. For example:
What is said:
‘Don’t worry your turn will come soon’ (referring to promotion, holiday over Christmas, chance to choose biscuits at the next team meeting).